Robins are in the lawn so that surely means that spring is here in the Hudson Valley! After such an intense winter it is a welcome sight! Lehigh Lawns & Landscaping recommends that you take some time to prioritize the needs of your landscaping in regards to spring cleaning.
Fortunately the experts here at Lehigh Lawns & Landscaping Inc. have compiled a list of the most important things we offer to ensure a healthy and prosperous growing season for your landscaping!
- Clean up your mulch beds! We will remove fallen branches, leaves and debris left over from fall and winter.
- Edge, weed, and re-mulch areas in existing landscape and beat the weeds! The sooner we do, the more suppressed the weeds will be giving your landscape a cleaner, neater appearance, while saving hours of maintenance removing weeds.
- Trim back ornamental grasses to 2–3 inches to allow new growth to shoot up and trim perennialsto a height of 4–5 inches.
- Shape shrubs and prune back branches to live stems where they have been damaged. Make clean cuts on ornamental trees with broken or damaged limbs. This will help prevent both disease and insect infestation to your trees and shrubs.
- Amend beds with rich organic soil.
- Assess beds for expansion, plant additions and the thinning out of overcrowded flower beds.
- Add mulch, of course, we recommend 2” of hardwood timber mulch, for protection against weed growth and aiding in plant water retention.
The early bird will also avoid damaging emerging bulbs, perennials and buds on your trees and shrubs. If you can get into your gardens and landscapes before the delicate growth of your plants begin you can avoid damaging your plants most sensitive areas.
Call Lehigh Lawns & Landscaping today for a free review of all your landscape areas!